Thursday 23 September 2010

Creepy Crawlies

It’s raining - absolutely horrible out there. The ground is sodden and claggy and all I can hear is rain rain rain, lashing against the windows.

There’s not a lot I can do outside.

So I decide to clean the daughter’s bedroom instead. I put on my gas mask, radiation suit and rubber gloves and, clutching a large bottle of disinfectant, I venture into the hovel.

It’s not as bad as I feared. And so I decide to tackle under the bed.

Well I pull out the usual assortment of knickers and socks, mouldy apple cores, crisp packets and sweet wrappers.

Then I pull out two small Tupperware boxes. I wondered where those had gone. I’m not too sure about that brown semi-liquid stuff that’s slopping about inside them though. Good job they’re sealed. I put them to one side to deal with later.

And then I spot the box.

Odd.

The lid is askew and I can see some shrivelled up leaves and a few twigs in it. As I pull it towards me I notice… the airholes.

Airholes?

I make a hasty retreat.

Exactly WHAT is loose in my daughter’s bedroom?

5 comments:

  1. What is it?!?!?!? EW!!

    Whatever you do keep the suit, gloves, mask and boots on!

    Take care and GOOD LUCK!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you found it, whatever it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaaaagggghhhhhhh!

    Maybe it's better if you DON'T find whatever that is. Was.

    *Shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just confronted the daughter and she informs me it's a colony of woodlice!!!

    What!!! A COLONY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I must have a disturbed mind as I thought you were going to say it was something really sinister.. so now I'm thinking. Wood lice? Excellent! Great post as ever, thank you.

    ReplyDelete