Friday 14 May 2010

What are Wheelbarrows For?

I need some more potting compost - and some growbags - everything is going wild in the greenhouse and starting to look a bit root bound.

So off I head to the garden centre.

Boy these bags are heavy! I buy one of compost and then one growbag because that's all I can lift. Mind you a rather fit bloke helps me to get them into my car.

Sadly he's not there when I get home so I'm going to have to do this on my own. Somehow I've got to get them down to the greenhouse at the bottom of the garden.

Easy solution - I'll use the wheelbarrow....

... or not :-(

The wheelbarrow is full of broken panes of greenhouse glass. I know a couple got broken when we assembled the greenhouse and hubby had to nip out to the glazier to pick up some more - but I thought he'd got rid of them ages ago.

There are also some bits of rusty metal, some decomposing weeds, and the whole thing is half full of stagnant water.

There's nothing else for it - and I'm certainly not waiting for hubby to get home and help - so I half carry, half drag the bags down the garden.

Excellent - done it.

Except now I'm too knackered to do any gardening - I need a cup of tea!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no you poor thing! Mind your back! And have a cuppa tea - and throw in a choccie bikkie too - you deserve it.

    Whenever I need to get compost from my garden centre, I use my granny trolley bag - hey! I have no shame! I stuff the compost inside and wheel it along to my heart's content!

    Great to know that your garden is coming along nicely..

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete